Tomorrow, students at Sheridan College are going to Engage their peers with the truth of God’s love through Jesus Christ.
Its a 24 hour challenge, on 10/11/12, to be in prayer and be available to Engage a culture or young people who have hardly heard about Jesus Christ, truth, hope of abundant life, and salvation from the devastating state we live in separated from God.
Please pray for these faithful students.
Please JOIN these faithful students.
Please Engage your world with God’s love.
Sharing the gospel is not a formula, a+b does not always =c. but here are some helpful guides to encourage your Engage 24:
- Pray for someone you know has not accepted the truth’s of God’s claims and the hope the Jesus Christ offers. Pray about engaging that person with the truth and Hope. Pray the following verse for other students, and ask others to pray the same prayer for you: “And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.” Ephesians 6:18-20
- Write out your “grace story” or testimony including how Christ’s love changed your life and restored your relationship with God. Share it with someone.
- Meet with us on Thursday, 10/11/12 at 8am, in the Whitney building (if you are at Sheridan College) to pray and learn how to use Soularium cards and other tools to start the conversation of God and hope.
- Open the Bible. If the person you engaged the gospel with is ready to receive Christ as Lord and Savior, show them how, God’s way, not just American culture style. (Romans 10:9 and 1 John 1:10 are helpful.)
- If you miss an opportunity to share, don’t have a pity party…. Remember God’s mercies are new every morning. Pray for that person and pray for a new opportunity to share truth with them. You may be the only one who cares for that person enough to do so. Engage 24 is not just a 1 day thing.
- Don’t forget 1 Peter 3:14-16 “But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed.“Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.” But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.”
Find out more at http://engage24.org/