Want to make a difference in a college students life? Why not participate in BCM’s Adopt a College Student program. It is a great way to meet and impact students who are hungry, for both a family environment and the Word of God. The Adopt a College Student program is a tangible way to encourage students with the inclusive love of Jesus.
A Host Family* for BCM’s Adopt a College Student Program must meet the following requirements:
- Able to “host” 1-3 students.
- Active member of a Christian church.
- Recommended by their pastor.
*If you are single, we will connect you with same-gender students.
A Host family IS encouraged to:
- Pray for the student(s)
- Have students over for a family dinner
- Invite them to church
- Provide care packages or encouraging notes
- Share what God is doing in your life
- Invite students to fun activities in the area
A host family IS NOTexpected to:
- Have students live or stay in their home
- Reform students. (This is meant to be an encouraging relationship, an opportunity to share Jesus love with grace and gentleness.)
- Keep “hosting” the same student(s) every year (unless both parties agree)
- Use the student as a convenient labor force. (Asking them to babysitting, help with yard work, etc. is acceptable when cultivating that encouraging relationship is of first priority.)
- Attend BCM events (though community members are always welcome).
Want to become a Host Family?
Send the following items to email@example.com:
- The following application (cut and paste to a Word doc, then fill in the blanks)
- And a recent (ish) photo of your family
After we contact your pastor for a recommendation, we will collaborate the information for students to choose their host family. Please note that up to 3 students can collaborate together to pick a host family.
BCM’s Adopt a College Student “Host Family” Application
Family members and ages in the home:
Pastor’s Contact info:
Willing to “host” (circle one):
Download the adopt a college student Bulletin to spread the word at your church!.
Thank you for being a part, investing in students, and making a difference in the name of Jesus!
Want to connect with a family in Sheridan?
Come to BCM on Thursday nights, 7:42pm in South Hall, and pick out your “Host Family.” We are looking forward to the encouraging connections that will come from “Adopt a College Student.”